Thursday, May 15, 2008

Aamir, Aamir, Aamir

Yaar, what ARE we going to do with you?

I have to admit. As big a Shah Rukh Khan fan that I am, Aamir Khan's blog post yesterday actually amused me more than angered me. Maybe I was in a forgiving mood. Maybe I could see the wicked humor behind it, or maybe I just wasn't in the mood to get so worked up over it (Aamir's March 13th post).

http://www.aamirkhan.com/blog.htm

Many in Bollywood are very offended by it. Website Bollywood Hungama has posted an article saying many in BW considered it a "megalomaniac's" vicious attack, and that Aamir is calling SRK a dog. I took it as Aamir just poking fun at SRK in good natured ribbing, but others haven't seen it so jovially. What matters to me is how SRK sees it. If he is offended, then Aamir has some explaining to do. I posted a comment to Aamir's blog asking him if he really just enjoys being involved in so much drama? Why else would someone write something like that in a public blog knowing full well what the result would be. And oooo, some of the comments to his blog were even more vicious than Aamir's post. Some bordered death threats!

But SRK himself has done some things that have offended people. He had to quickly personally and publicly apologize to Manoj Kumar for the jokes on him in "Om Shanti Om." SRK swears it wasn't mean in a mean spirit. It probably wasn't, which is why I'm giving Aamir the benefit of the doubt until his explains himself. Amitabh, too, recently had something in his blog that came across as a slam on SRK, but Amitabh said, in his next blog entry, that he did not mean it that way, nor was he going to belittle a colleague in his blog and it wasn't in his nature to do so. *shrug*

Aamir...yaar...ab chodo bhi.

No comments: