Monday, January 14, 2008

Salman Khan - Oh Yes. I Have Issues.

All quiet on the BW front. Neither "Halla Bol" or "My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves" played locally so I didn't get to see either one (local theater that shows Indian films has opted to show Telugu films and while I have no problems seeing them, they don't have subtitles). But neither film seemed to have made much impact at the box office.

File this under either "Melody's Salman Khan Issues" or "He Can't POSSIBLY Believe This!" Out of the mouth of Salman Khan, with regards to his wax figure being placed at Madame Tussaud's in London next to Aishwarya's and SRK's, he feels he is the next deserving to be there and that his statue will be so hot, the other two will melt.

Personally, considering all the heartache and bullshit he has caused throughout his life, I'm surprised the man has any fans at all, especially female fans. Instead of realizing that he has anger/obsession issues which manifest themselves even more when alcohol is involved and he beats up women, women lash out at those women he has attacked, feeling they deserve it. NO WOMAN DESERVES TO BE HIT, NO MATTER WHAT COUNTRY YOU LIVE IN OR WHAT RELIGION YOU FOLLOW!

He has done FAR more damage and harm than Sanjay Dutt ever has, yet more people felt Sanjay Baba deserved prision time than Salman. The only way Salman Khan could ever redeem himself in my eyes is to a) kiss and rub his forehead on Aishwarya Rai's feet and beg for forgiveness for the pain, physical and mental, he caused her, b) donate an extensive amount of money towards animal and environmental organizations to help protect the endangered Black Bucks he decided to poach, c) donate an extensive amount of money towards organizations to help stop drunk driving and those families who have lost loved ones due to drunk drivers, and d) take a number of anger management and alcoholism classes. I would actually have a great deal of respect for him even if he only did the first one. Instead of Amitabh Bachchan pushing his bahu to make up with Salman, he should be requesting Salman to render his own apology. Publically.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree completely with you about Salman Khan! I have a hard time watching him in Bollywood movies because of all that he has done. Plus, I can't stand how he struts around without his shirt on (instead of dancing) in every one of his films.

By the way, I am sure you are wondering why some stranger is posting on your blog, but I came across your "Converting People To Bollywood...One At A Time" over at LJ, and I was excited to find a "newish" non-desi like myself. But no worries, if you don't want me to post comments.